Send us your bug reports.
Use keywords to find the product you are looking for.
Purchase procedure & Conditions
Pricing & user licences
How to promote your resources ?
Catalog Reference : ELRA-T0369
The Phrasebank has phrases organized under 9 different topics, many of which are further subdivided. It is presented in a compressed format, with substitutable elements bracketed, and one or several alternatives included within the entry, reducing storage space wasted due to repetition of common material. The compression is extended further by reference to "template" sets of common terms, e.g. Days of the Week, Parts of the Body, allowing a base phrase to be combined with up to 100 different terms.
- 3,000 base phrases (per language)
- 5,000 expanded phrases (excluding templates); 20,000 expanded phrases (including templates)
- 9 languages covered (incl regional variants): UK English, US English, French, German, Italian, European Spanish, Latin American Spanish, European Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese
Topics: Diversions, Eating Out, Entertainment, Hotel, Money, Problems, Tourist, Transport, Miscellaneous
Templates: Body Parts, Cardinal Numbers, Clock Time, Colours, Currencies, Dates, Day of Week, Languages, Months, Nationalities, Ordinal Numbers, Places
- frequency rating for user level
- gender information as required
- compressed format reducing storage space for phrase variants
- 9 topics/15 subtopics
- extension of selected phrases using 12 template lists
Format: tab-delimited text for phrases; Excel spreadsheets for template lists
Distribution medium :
Click on the arrow to display content.
Number of languages
English (United Kingdom) ; English (United States) ; French ; German ; Italian ; Spanish, Castilian ; Portuguese (Portugal) ; Portuguese (Brazil)
Academic - Research 4000.00 EUR
Non Member Prices
Academic - Research 5000.00 EUR
Friday 19 January, 2018
24433517 requests since Monday 27 September, 2004
Copyright © 2008